1. Preheat oven to 200 F degrees. Set wire rack on baking sheet and place in oven.
2. Preheat waffle maker.
3. In large bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, white sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
4. In medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, unsalted butter and eggs.
5. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, and stir gently just until combined, leaving some lumps in batter.
6. Prepare waffles according to manufacturer's instructions or cook until waffles are golden brown (3 to 5 minutes).
7. Transfer finished waffles to baking sheet in oven to keep warm. Keep waffles in single layer.
8. Repeat with remaining batter.
1. In large skillet, heat 1/2 cup sugar with 2 tablespoons water, stirring to dissolve sugar.
2. Boil (without stirring) until golden brown, approximately 6 to 8 minutes.
3. Stir in heavy cream and unsalted butter.
4. Cook and stir until smooth. Add bananas and stir to coat.
5. Serve waffles topped with banana-caramel sauce.